March 16, 2011

NESTING


My husband and I are selling our house, so I haven't been able to put a baby room together yet. In order for me to fulfill my nesting urges, I have been sewing, sewing, sewing. It has been so much fun making things for this new little one we have coming. Here are some pictures of what I have been making ...


All clothes except Kimono dress are from Anna Maria Horner's "Handmade Beginnings" book. Kimono dress is from Amy Butler's "Little Stitches for Little One's" book. 



Clockwise from top left: burp cloths, giraffe pattern from Melly & Me found at my local quilting store, T-strap shoes pattern found online here, shoes with the flower & the hooded blanket from Amy Butler's "Little Stitches for Little One's" book.



My mom has been oh so busy sewing too. She has made a stack of blankets for baby. Our dog Bear even got a couple blankets made from the leftover scraps. He's a lucky puppy — and he loves blankets.

Making things for the baby has been so much fun for me and I can't wait to see her in all of the cute things I have made. I just know that the homemade blankets from Grandma will be her favorite!

What are your favorite baby sewing projects?

Happy Nesting,
Hillary

Hillary is due with her baby girl this Spring.

0 comments: